Women’s Leadership Network
The PLUS Foundation’s Women’s Leadership Network creates opportunities to network and learn from the experience of women who are leaders by virtue of their achievements. The Foundation endeavors to raise corporate awareness of the value of developing and diversifying leadership. Proactive companies that encourage employees to participate in these events will help realize the overall industry goal of increasing the percentage of women in leadership roles.
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
3:00 Registration, Keynote 3:30-4:30, Reception 4:30-6:00
Hyatt Regency Hotel, 5 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco
Jacquelline Fuller – President Google.org and Google Foundation
“Giving with Gates and Google”
Join us for a fireside chat with Google.org President and former Gates Foundation executive, Jacquelline Fuller, on the art and science of living with meaning and giving with gusto.
Hartford WLN Regional Event
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
4:30-6:00 Registration & Networking with Food & Drinks
6:00-7:00 Panel Presentation
7:00-8:00 Networking with Food & Drinks
Mark Twain House & Museum 351 Farmington Ave, Hartford
Dr. Joanne Berger-Sweeney – President Trinity College and Professor of Neuroscience
Carolyn Kuan – Conductor, Hartford Symphony
Gail Lavielle – Representative in the Connecticut House of Representatives
“A Women’s View from the Top – Three Stories of Success”
Get inspired by the stories of three exceptional women; a college president, a legislator, and a symphony conductor. Discover how they rose to the top and found success in traditionally male professions.
The PLUS Foundation’s Women’s Leadership Network began in 2009 with a dedicated session at the PLUS Annual Conference. The response to that session was overwhelming and is now a regular item on the annual conference schedule. People continue to be drawn to the mission and value offered by the Network.
The WLN and its activities have continued to grow over the past seven years. Our first regional event was held in New York City in 2010. We have since hosted numerous regional events in cities including Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Hartford, Seattle and San Francisco. The quality of these events and a format that includes the opportunity to network with industry leaders and outstanding professional women has drawn hundreds to our sessions across the United States. We have hosted many quality panels and speakers including:
• Gail Collins – First female editor of the New York Times editorial page
• Dana Perino – Former White House Press Secretary and current Fox News contributor
• Rene Syler – Author and CNN contributor
• Lisa Belkin – Author and Huffington Post blogger
• Betsy Myers – Former Senior Advisor to Presidents Clinton and Obama, Founding Director of the Center for Women & Business at Bentley University
• Anna Maria Chavez – CEO, Girl Scouts of the USA
• Michelle Coleman Mayes – Vice President, General Counsel, New York Public Library
• Jennifer Siebel Newsom – Founder, CEO, President of the Representation Project
• Linda Kaplan Thaler – Advertising Hall of Fame luminary, lecturer, best selling author and television personality from series such as “Making it Big” and “The Apprentice.”
Going strong, we plan for many more events far into the future.