PLUS and the Foundation have awarded sixty-two scholarships totaling over $500,000 since the Gilmartin program began in 1996.
The 2016 application period is Jan. 4 – March 15.
Consistent with our mission of philanthropy and the advancement of education, the PLUS Foundation Board of Directors aims to support families and students who have greater financial needs. This step expands on our record of service to and on behalf of the professional liability community.
The PLUS Foundation is pleased to announce these new Financial Aid Scholarships, made possible by the personal donations of leaders in our industry:
• Constantine “Dinos” Iordanou Scholarship
• H. Seymour Weinstein Scholarship
Eligibility: Children of any PLUS member or employee of a PLUS corporate sponsor company. Note that children of any PLUS sponsor company employee are eligible even if their parent is not a direct registered member of PLUS. Pass this along to your staff that have children heading off to college that could use some support!
• Post the information in your company newsletter.
• Have your human resources department distribute to employees with kids entering college next year.
• Distribute the information via company e-mail lists or bulletin boards – though it is a PLUS Foundation program, you do not need to be a PLUS member to qualify!
Scholarships will be awarded based on family financial need and proof of average to above average high school performance. Application requirements include:
Awarded based on scholastic merit and extracurricular activity. Application requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
General Details & Requirements for Both Scholarship:
• Up to four scholarships will be awarded in each category (Gilmartin, Financial Aid).
• Scholarships will be for up to $12,000 each, payable in increments over four years.
• Applicants must be a child of a current PLUS member or a child of an employee of a current PLUS corporate sponsor.
• An applicant is required to be in his/her senior year of high school.
• A recipient must successfully complete high school and enroll in an accredited four year college or university in the fall of 2015.
• A student may be eligible and apply for both scholarships, but can only be awarded one.